Paramount Pictures has announced the Blu-ray and DVD release date for G.I. Joe: Retaliation today. The much improved sequel to the G.I. Joe live action franchise will be available for digital download on July 16th and two weeks later the Blu-ray and DVD will be available at retail on July 30th. Still no word on a director’s cut, although the special features do look enticing. The G.I. Joe: Retaliation Blu-ray Combo Pack will feature:
- Commentary by director Jon M. Chu and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura
- Special Features:
- Mission Briefing—A look at pre-production, previsualization, storyboards and more.
- Deployment— As filming begins we take a closer look at the stunts, costumes and more.
- Two Ninjas—Focus on two G.I. JOE favorites, SNAKE EYES and JINX, and the filming of the Dojo sequence.
- The Desert Attack—An in-depth look at the filming of this pivotal action sequence.
- COBRA Strikes—Highlights of the villains featured in the film.
- The Lone Soldiers—Behind-the-scenes as ROADBLOCK, FLINT and LADY JAYE go on the run.
- The Monastery—An examination of the Himalayan escape sequence.
- Fort Sumter—An all-access view of the epic climax.
- Deleted Scenes