In the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, there is a feature on Guardians of the Galaxy. From that issue, thanks to Marvel, some new still images have surfaced with a great look at the team, including Star-Lord’s helmet.
Also a few details have been revealed in the article. Now this is probably spoilerish to some, so if you don’t want to know anything about he movie, STOP READING this now.
Okay, now that is out-of-the-way, let’s continue.
- Peter Quill left Earth at age 8 and joined a group of smugglers called the Ravagers. Also, his home on Earth is Missouri.
- Vin Diesel describes Groot as a “bad mofo from Planet X” even though James Gunn says Groot is truly “very innocent and just wants to be liked by Rocket Raccoon and do the right thing”.
- Gamora’s comic book establishment will still be intact as she is the adopted daughter of Thanos, but with a major twist: Thanos murdered her family as well as Nebula’s family and raised both of them as his adopted daughters, so, Nebula is now Thanos’s second adopted daughter.
- Thanos is still confirmed to show up in the movie after his recent first appearance at the end of “The Avengers”, and it is revealed that he will be a CGI-motion capture character like Rocket and Groot. However, his voice actor is still not revealed/found yet, but hopefully will get the announcement of who soon in the remaining 16 weeks leading up to the film’s release. Also, James Gunn describes Thanos as “the head of the snake” of villains in the movie.
- This is the last but very excitingly important piece of info revealed about “Guardians of the Galaxy”, Marvel is going to be tight-lipped on when and if the Guardians will return. However, James Gunn slipped this exciting piece of info: “We’re definitely connected to ‘Avengers 3′.” Gunn said. And, this means we are gonna see the Guardians and Avengers team-up to battle Thanos in “Avengers 3″ for the ultimate Marvel brand-merging worldwide hit.
Sounds like GotG is going to be something awesome! I say bring on Thanos! Plus a team-up of Avengers and the Guardians? Yes, please! Next to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, this is my next highly anticipated movie for this year. Check out the new still images below and let’s hear what you think about these new details.
Guardians of the Galaxy is directed by James Gunn and stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, John C. Reilly, Karen Gillan, Glenn Close, Djimon Hounsou, Benecio Del Toro, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper and Gregg Henry, it is set to be released in theaters on August 1, 2014. (Source: Marvel & Guard the Galaxy)