He-Man is back, well back in a video game that is. Today Mattel announced their first He-Man and the Masters of the Universe iOS game for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The side-scrolling action adventure has 27 levels that plays across 7 unique realms of Eternia. So join the fight with He-Man against Skeletor and the forces of evil and download the app today! (Source: MattyCollector Blog)
He-Man Game Update: it’s only for iOS now but we’ve confirmed it’s in the process of being developed for Android. We’ll let you know as soon as it’s ready!
El SEGUNDO, Calif., Oct. 25, 2012 – Honoring the 30th anniversary of He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® franchise, Mattel and Chillingo, a leading independent games publisher along with mobile developer GlitchSoft, have launched an exciting new He-Man® game app. Available in the App Store, fans now have the chance to battle along He-Man® throughout his kingdom of Eternia® in a modern celebration of classic gameplay that will test player’s skill, speed and agility. Debuting on the iOS platform, the game features side-scrolling playability with powerful “Tap and Slash” functionality through 27 action packed levels spread across 7 beautifully rendered realms of Eternia®.
Game Features Include:
- He-Man®, Skeletor®, Castle Grayskull®, and other characters and settings of Eternia® that fans know and love artfully re-mastered for today’s generation-preview the action here
- Fluid, intuitive, “Tap and Slash” controls for stunning He-Man® swordplay and action
- Epic boss battles with He-Man’s® greatest foes including Beast Man® and Skeletor®
- Collectible digital lore hidden in each level including 80s product art and mini-comic covers
- Strengthen He-Man® with secret powers and in-game upgrades
- Plays great on iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPad® mobile digital devices with retina-display graphics and sound effects
“The 30th Anniversary of He-Man and Masters of the Universe was the perfect time for us to give back to our millions of fans with an engaging game that is fun to play and visually stunning,” said Doug Wadleigh, Senior Vice President, Global Brands Marketing, Mattel. “We’re extremely pleased to work with best-in-class partners Chillingo and GlitchSoft and their talented teams of experts to develop, publish and distribute the game around the world.”
The star of the 1980s-era He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® story, He-Man® has been brought to life throughout the years in beloved Mattel action figures, animated television series, comic books and a live action feature film. Mattel’s partnership with Chillingo, a division of Electronic Arts and publisher of such hit titles as Angry Birds™, Cut the Rope™, Contre Jour, Feed Me Oil and Catapult King, combines the world’s leading toy company with an established leader in the mobile gaming industry.