Paramount Home Entertainment has announced when Christopher Nolan’s latest science fiction thriller, Interstellar, will be launching on DVD and Blu-ray. The 660 million dollar box office blockbuster will be available via Digital HD on March 17th, and then for the collectors, Blu-ray and DVD editions hit retail on March 31st. The Interstellar Blu-ray/DVD sets will feature over 3 hours of bonus content as well. You can check out all the special feature goodies listed below.
– Cosmic Sounds—The concepts, process, and recording of Hans Zimmer’s unforgettable score.
– The Space Suits—A look at the design and build of the suits and helmets, and what it was like to wear them.
– The Endurance—Explore this massive set with a guided tour by production designer Nathan Crowley.
– Shooting in Iceland: Miller’s Planet/Mann’s Planet—Travel with the cast and crew to Iceland and see the challenges they faced in creating two vastly different worlds in one country.
– The Ranger and the Lander—A look at the other two spaceships in the film.
– Miniatures in Space—Marvel at the large-scale models used in the explosive docking sequence.
– The Simulation of Zero-G—Discover the various methods that the filmmakers used to create a zero gravity environment.
– Celestial Landmarks—Explore how the filmmakers used practical special effects informed by real scientific equations to give the illusion of real space travel for both the actors and the audience.
– Across All Dimensions and Time—A look at the concept and design of the Tesseract, which incorporated a practical set rather than a green screen.
– Final Thoughts—The cast and crew reflect back on their Interstellar experience.
– Theatrical Trailers