A new $120 dollar collectors’ edition was announced for Batman: Arkham Origins today, by Warner Bros. Interactive. I have never been the kind of gamer to plunk down that much cash for a collectors’ edition game before, but this has to be the coolest one I think I have ever seen. For gamers who pre-order the Batman: Arkham Origins Collectors’ Edition for the October 25th launch date — it will come home with a very impressive (and huge) 9-inch light-up Joker statue, an 80-page hardcover art book, a glow-in-the-dark map of Gotham City (for when your stranded in Gotham during a black out), and a bonus skin of Batman’s first suit during his 1939 original appearance in Detective Comics #27, plus an entire laundry list of Bat goodies! Check out the full list below. (Source: GameInformer)
The special edition will be available for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, which is set to release on October 25. Here’s what you’ll get, straight from Warner:
- Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring LED effects produced by TriForce
Height: 9″, Depth: 11.5″, Width: 13″
- 80-page, full-color hardcover art book measuring approx. 7.5” x 10.75” x .5”
- 2 key pieces of evidence taken directly from the Gotham City Police Department crime lab
- Batman Wanted Poster
- Batwing Prototype Schematic
- Anarky logo stencil
- Glow-In-The-Dark map of Gotham City
- Wayne Family Photo
- Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the 8 assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
- 1st Appearance Batman Skin: Look just like Batman did during his first appearance in Detective Comics #27, released in 1939.
- Deathstroke Challenge Pack – Unlock the ability to play as one of the world’s deadliest assassins! Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps. Also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins.
- Bonus (not available in Australia / New Zealand): Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics– This new feature-length documentary from Warner Bros Home Entertainment focuses on DC Comics’ most terrifying villains. Legendary actor Christopher Lee narrates the film.
- The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content