On Sunday, the cat was kind of let out of the bag for Funko and their new Game of Thrones Legacy series when the new 6-inch figures were found online in an eBay auction, then later at a Barnes & Noble store. These were not supposed to go on sale until this coming Saturday, February 15th.
Now Funko has officially announced the line, with a press release and press images. You can also order them online at Barnes & Noble’s website. They are the exclusive seller for the first 30 days, so if you are interested, this will be your only place to get them.
Also, details of the second wave of Game of Thrones Legacy figures have surfaced. Wave 2 will consist of Daenerys (Mother of Dragons Outfit), Khal Drogo, Jamie Lannister, Robb Stark, Arya Stark, and Brienne of Tarth. We shall be getting a look at these from Toy Fair which starts on Sunday, February 16th.
You can check out the press release and official images below.
FUNKO TO LAUNCH GAME OF THRONES LEGACY COLLECTION
New line of articulated action figures available now exclusively at Barnes & Noble stores nationwide
LYNNWOOD, WA – February 11, 2014– Funko is excited to announce a new line of highly articulated action figures celebrating some of pop culture’s biggest franchises. The hit HBO® series Game of Thrones® will be the first license released in the Legacy Collection, which is currently available exclusively in Barnes & Noble stores nationwide in time for the Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season DVD release on February 18. It will follow at additional retail partners on March 4.
The first wave of the Game of Thrones Legacy Collection introduces some of the series’ most popular characters. Each action figure will feature 20+ points of articulation and its own removable accessories.
Game of Thrones Legacy Collection
· Jon Snow-The Jon Snow Legacy Action Figure is a 6” tall highly articulated action figure. The figure features Jon Snow’s sword, Longclaw, as an accessory. Ages 17+.
· Daenerys Targaryen- The Daenerys Targaryen Legacy Action Figure is a 6” tall highly articulated action figure. The figure features Daenerys‘s dragon, Drogon, as an accessory. Ages 17+.
· The Hound- The Hound is a 6.5” tall highly articulated action figure which features two swords and a helmet as accessories. Ages 17+.
· Tyrion Lannister- The Tyrion Lannister Legacy Action Figure is a 6” tall highly articulated action figure that includes an axe and a necklace as accessories. Ages 17+.
· White Walker- The White Walker Legacy Action Figure is a 6.5” tall highly articulated action figure. The figure features a spear as an accessory. Ages 17+.
· Ned Stark-The Ned Stark Legacy Action Figure is a 6” tall highly articulated action figure that comes with a sword as an accessory.Ages 17+.
Funko products are available nationwide at Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Toys R Us, Hot Topic, Target, Walmart, 7-Eleven, specialty toy retailers, and online at the HBO Shop (www.store.hbo.com) and www.amazon.com. Additional figures in the Game of Thrones Legacy Collection are expected to launch in Fall 2014.
Funko is a pop culture licensed-focused toy company located in Lynnwood, WA. Funko prides itself on being purveyors of all things pop culture. Funko has licenses with over 150 television shows, movies, and video game and pop culture titles. For more information, visit www.funko.com.
About HBO Global Licensing:
HBO Global Licensing officially licenses the HBO® brand for the development and merchandising of innovative product lines inspired by the network’s award-winning programming. With products created around classic series like the The Sopranos® and to current hits like True Blood® and Game of Thrones®, items include fashion apparel, jewelry, digital and CD soundtracks, games, books as well as exclusive, premium collections in partnership with upscale, designer brands. Merchandise can be purchased in retail stores nationwide, at http://store.hbo.com, and at the groundbreaking HBO retail hub, the HBO Shop®, located at 42nd and 6th Avenue in New York City. HBO Global Licensing products are also sold internationally across Europe, Asia and Australia.